WHO CAN APPLY?
- Regional bodies
- Hockey Associations
- Hockey New Zealand
APPLICANTS ARE ASKED TO OUTLINE
- What the grant will be used for.
- When it will be used.
- Who it will target.
- How much they are applying for.
- What success will look like.
- How the application aligns to the Hockey Foundation charitable purposes to educate New Zealanders and promote health benefits through participation in hockey.
- Which Hockey Foundation outcomes the grant will be used for
WHAT CAN YOU APPLY FOR?
Funds are available for any charitable purpose that helps to provide coaching education and development possibilities or promotes health benefits through participation in hockey.
All grants must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Provides coaching education opportunities.
- Promoting health through participation in hockey.
- Educating the public through participation in hockey and/or about the health benefits of hockey.
- Providing programmes to assist players, coaches, umpires and administrators.
- Establishing scholarships/grants for those participating in hockey from grass roots to elite level.
- Assisting with improved facilities that will be available to the whole community.
- Applicants must show that the facility is a multi-purpose recreational use facility and the social impact of the facility.
- Providing equipment and other forms of support to encourage participation in hockey.
Grants can be for anything deemed to fit within the aforementioned criteria. Examples of approved costs can include, but not exclusively:
- Coaching and umpiring courses/programmes
- Small Sticks programmes
- Training and development programme costs
- Tournament participation costs
- Education resources
- Capital expenditure
- Facility development/improvement costs