Fundraising can be exciting way to help but can also be difficult to navigate, so let us help you.
There are many ways you can fundraise for us, the sky is the limit. You could help raise funds while participating in an event such as a Marathon, or by holding your own event such as a Quiz Night.
Whatever your idea, we’d love to hear it so we can support you where we can. Please contact us to discuss by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Paul Scoringe on 09 630 2932 or 021 865 068
“Hockey New Zealand‘s strategy to transform Hockey is bold and inspirational. I have chosen to be an inaugural donor of the Foundation because of what the sport of hockey has taught me. It has taught me about hard work, skill, strategy, determination and teamwork, but above all else it has taught me about self-belief and that ordinary people can do extraordinary things. I have been able to take what the game taught me and build a very successful business. I believe if we are to transform the game of hockey it needs ‘leadership’ from those of us who are able to contribute.”
John Tanner – First XI donor and past-Chairman of Hockey Foundation
The Hockey Foundation would also love to hear from anyone keen to make a bequest in their will. It’s easy to do.
Just download our bequest information sheet for the details of what to advise your lawyer to include in your will documents.
Alternatively, just advise your lawyer to include the following wording in your will: “I give and bequeath to the Hockey Foundation for their work in improving the health of Kiwis through the growth and development of hockey in New Zealand [list here the percentage of estate, residue of estate or specific amount of money or items], free of all death and estate duties and I declare that the official receipt of the Foundation shall be a full and sufficient discharge to my executors.”
Your bequest (gift) can take a number of different forms:
- A specified sum of money
- A particular item or items
- A percentage of the value of your estate
- The residue of your estate after provision for family and other beneficiaries. (The residue of your estate is what is left following payment of all debts and expenses and after payment of specific gifts to family and friends.)
Regular giving is a great way to contribute a small amount on a regular basis that helps us to make a significant difference over the long term. With regular donations we can achieve a lot!
- $25 per month ($300 per year) could help engage more children in hockey by contributing to costs such as the purchase
of a Small Sticks school delivery kit.
- $50 per month ($600 per year) could help encourage more young people to be healthy by introducing them to hockey
through the purchase of new equipment such as a Renegade Youth Hockey kit.
- $100 per month ($1,200 per year) could help support the development of hockey officials by assisting a person to attend
an umpire or coaching course.
We rely on individual supporters like you to give us the consistent support we need, 12 months a year. Regular monthly giving allows us to plan ahead.
By joining the monthly giving club you become part of a select group of New Zealanders who are supporting the Hockey Foundation to help make Kiwis healthy through hockey.
Creating an automatic payment is the easiest way to set up a regular donation, and can be cancelled at any time. Simply use the bank details below and create a regular gift through internet banking or speak directly with your bank.
Name of Account: Hockey Foundation
Account Number: 06-0103-0119717-00
Reference: Your full name and phone number
If you decide to donate by automatic payment, please email email@example.com with your contact details to enable us to acknowledge your donation and let you know how your donations are making a difference.
There are a number of ways you can help the Hockey Foundation from:
- Making a donation now
- Setting up a monthly donation
- Adding a donation when you register at the start of the hockey season
- Leaving a donation in your will (bequest)
Please join us and be part of a sustainable investment that will deliver a lifetime of opportunities for future generations. An investment in the Hockey Foundation is an investment in making Kiwis healthy through hockey.
Your donation will help improve the health of Kiwis through the growth and development of hockey in New Zealand. Funds raised by the Hockey Foundation will:
- Enable 200,000 Kiwi kids to participate in hockey programmes by 2020
- Support health, wellbeing and leadership through hockey in our communities
- Provide pathways for players
Donations are tax deductible and there is no minimum donation.
If you wish to make a large donation, please call Hockey NZ CEO Ian Francis on 09 630 2932 to discuss your wishes.